2002 Ford Mustang Key programming but only one original k...

Q: 2002 Ford Mustang Key programming but only one original key

asked by on August 16, 2017

White chip fell out of my original key and the only key i have... The dealer is saying 160 for a key but i've found 2 keys online for 5 dollars each or 20 that are not cut yet and i can take to get cut for about 30 bucks. But once again i only have 1 original key not both. Is there anyway around that?

All you need is to have one original key that works to program new keys. All you do id turn on the ignition to run position with good programmed key and then turn off ignition and pull out key and put in new key within 5 seconds and turn key to on position and it will be programmed. You can then do this to another key if needed.