Q: Does the ignition coil replacement also include a new spark p

asked by on November 09, 2017

Does the ignition coil replacement also include a new spark plug? Also how do you tell the mechanic which cylinder needs replacement? In the notes section? For example, I want to replace ignition coil in cylinder # 3.

Spark plug replacement is not included as part of coil replacement service although if the spark plugs were suspected of being defective, or confirmed defective, you would be apprised of that and, if agreed to by you, replaced. Spark plugs should normally be replaced as complete sets. As you have suggested, you can indicate the desired position for the new coil in the service order notes. Have you already had the coil diagnosed and was it condemned on the basis of actual tests and a diagnostic? If not, replacement of the coil is speculative as a "fix" and may not resolve your issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr