Can i turn off the anti theft system of my 2014 toyota tu...

Q: Can i turn off the anti theft system of my 2014 toyota tundra

asked by on August 20, 2017

We accidentally activated the theft deterrent of our truck. We have tried multiple things and nothing works. it locked the engine. is thre any way to turn it off?

Hi Gigi. Unfortunately, there is not a manual way to deactivate the security system on your Toyota Tundra. It requires a software patch or removal - that can only be completed by the dealership. However, the reason your car will not start is due to an error code stored in the ECU, that should be able to remove by a professional mechanic with a digital scanner. It might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to [complete a check engine light inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection to see if they can remove the code and get your car ignition system unlocked.