Q: How does the automatic climate control system detect the temperature?

How does the automatic climate control system detect the temperature?

A: In order for the automatic climate control ...

In order for the automatic climate control system to work, it needs to know the temperature inside, as well as the temperature/amount of sunlight entering the cabin. It gets this information from two sensors.

• Sunlight Sensor: The sunlight sensor can be found on the dash of your car, close to the windshield.

• Temperature Sensor: The temperature sensor is located on the dash, to the right of the steering column.

Both the sunlight sensor and the temperature sensor need to be unobstructed in order to operate correctly.