Q: How does the automatic climate control system detect the temperature?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How does the automatic climate control system detect the temperature?

In order for the automatic climate control system to work, it needs to know the temperature inside, as well as the temperature/amount of sunlight entering the cabin. It gets this information from two sensors.

• Sunlight Sensor: The sunlight sensor can be found on the dash of your car, close to the windshield.

• Temperature Sensor: The temperature sensor is located on the dash, to the right of the steering column.

Tip

Both the sunlight sensor and the temperature sensor need to be unobstructed in order to operate correctly.