Q: Engine oil light flickers when I make a stop

I'm having trouble with the engine oil light flashing on and off when I stop at a red light and then it stops flashing when I start driving again. I checked the oil and fluids and all seem okay. What is causing this?

The light is flickering on and off due to the oil pressure being low below 4 psi at idle or the oil pressure sensor is not working correctly. The only way to know for sure is to do an oil pressure test. The engine should have at least 4 psi at idle and above 25 psi at 3000 RPMs. If the oil pressure is below 4 psi at idle, then replace the oil sending unit. If the pressure is at zero at idle, then you will need the oil pump and screen replaced or at the very least checked. Also, check the engine for any bearing damage when the oil pump is replaced. A certified technician will be able to perform these tests and diagnose why this warning light appears for you.

3. Engine oil light flickers when I make a stop