Q: will an air compressor failure cause a diving issue

My car was making a loud rumbling noise and my Ford dealership said it was due to the water pump and the transmission mounting being crushed and the air conditioning compressor failing. They stated that my car could stop suddenly if I did't replace the air condiontioning compressor and are charging me $730.00 for it's replacement. I've had the AC on recently with no issues. Are they being truthful?

Hi there. The pulley bearing on the compressor may be bad and you might only need the new clutch and pulley if your A/C is still cold. You may not need the compressor unless the compressor is knocking inside in which case you should replace compressor assembly with a new clutch set. You may want to take the car to another mechanic to get a second opinion from a local expert in order to verify the cause of the noise.

3. will an air compressor failure cause a diving issue