Q: Battery light on while driving, lost power- water pump and power steering still working

I was driving 70mph when I heard a noise like a snap from underneath the vehicle (as if I hit something on the road) then a few miles later, the battery light came on. I drove about 20 miles before the engine started having issues accelerating and my lights started to dim. I managed to make it to a gas station. Never did it overheat nor did I ever lose power-steering. It still starts up fine.

A: You have two serpentine belts: One for the ...

You have two serpentine belts: One for the power steering, and the other is for the a/c and alternator. You must have broke the belt to the alternator and a/c. Have the components checked to see what caused the belt to snap. If any pulley turns hard or not at all, then it needs to be repaired before another belt can be installed. Make sure the power steering belt is checked to see if it is due to get replaced as well.