Q: Recently had the IMRC rotary valve assembly replaced. One day later and I'm getting P1078.

asked by on October 03, 2016

Hi I had CEL code P1077 and took it to a shop and they replaced the whole IMRC rotary valve assembly. Got the car back and the CEL came back on. Had the codes checked and I still have P1078. New additional current codes: 62-1 & 83-1.

Any ideas?

Hi there. Some additional diagnostic tests will be necessary to identify the problem. The P1078 testing diagrams show that there are possible issues with a solenoid valve, a sensor, a vacuum leak, or an electrical issue. A certified mechanic will have the specialty tools and techniques to identify the actual problem(s) and make the repairs. If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home or office to perform a diagnosis of the Check Engine Light and move forward with the correct repair.