Q: Debating installation of a leveling kit

asked by on October 06, 2016

I'm interested in leveling out my truck. Lift kits are more money than I want to spend, so I'm looking into installing a leveling kit. However, leveling kits seem to be a mixed bag. Some people claim that they work flawlessly, while others report significant problems. What do leveling kits do to a truck and is the risk of damage too great?

The biggest problem people run into with these types of kits is buying the cheapest kit they can find. Not saying that the cheapest may not be good, but it is much more important to find a kit that is engineered correctly, and produced using quality parts.

Any time you reconfigure the suspension from the factory setup, you run the risk of having problems. The manufacturers spend lots of money designing their suspensions to be safe, and capable of lasting for an extended period of time.

If you need help with anything or run into any issues with the upgrade, consider having one of our mobile technicians come to your home or office to diagnose and service your vehicle.