Q: What does the Charging System light on the dash mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the Charging System light on the dash mean?

While there are several very important warning lights on the dash, if your Charging System light comes on, it means there’s a problem with one or more components in the system. The light looks like a little battery and it means that the battery isn’t charging. This could be because of a failed alternator, but it could also be something as simple as a broken belt.

Tips

• If the Charging System light comes on while you’re driving, immediately pull over somewhere safe. Have your car inspected as soon as possible.

• Don’t try to drive if the light is on.