Q: Oil light bar gauge

asked by on August 31, 2016

My oil light and buzzer came on when my car revved past 2000 rpms. I installed new sensors, but it didn’t fix anything. Could it be the oil pump? My bar gauge maxed out when I started the car and stayed like that while I drove it. When I looked at my low pressure sensor I noticed that on the head it had a blue and black wire with a rubber cap attached. The high pressure sensor on the oil filter flange has a yellow one. When I compared them to the pictures they are the opposite looking of the photos. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Thank you.

Hello. It is possible that the oil pump is not operating properly and this is causing the oil light to come on. You could try switching the low pressure and high pressure sensor wires to see if that fixes the problem. If you would like to have an expert look at this, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come inspect the Oil Light in person in order to correctly address this.