Q: Transmission slipping and Check Engine Light is on

When warmed up the check engine light comes on and the transmission slips and trust to go into gear while brake is applied

Hi there. From your description of the transmission slipping when warm, leads me to believe, the transmission fluid is not low. The vehicle’s computer is, apparently, recognizing the fault and turns the Check Engine Light on. Accessing the codes stored may help with the diagnoses. Slipping in and out of gear while brake is applied seems unusual. Possibly a poor electrical connection at the transmission? I recommend having your vehicle’s slipping transmission inspected and diagnosed by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Transmission slipping and Check Engine Light is on