Q: P0335 crankshaft position sensor circut malfunction A 2000 Nissan Sentra

asked by on December 18, 2016

bought the car from older man sold it as is. put bad gas in it one day it bucked jumped then died. I put injector and carb. cleaner in it took maybe a day or two and it started and great for a couple days maybe weeks can not really member anyway did great for a while then all of a sudden one day i went outside and started it in the begining of October and it died about five or less mins after i started it to warm it up. i thought maybe it was because it was just cold outside i cranked it again and it started right back up and stayed on. well i drove to do my few things that day and on the way home it just died no warning no acting up or jumping or anything it just died like it felt like i let my foot off the gas peddle and was letting it slow down but it had no force behind it when i went to push the gas to see what the heck was going on. well the service engine soon light came on and it gave codes need help asap?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the P0335 problem code you extracted indicates a crank position was not detected. This usually means the crankshaft position sensor has failed, which will cause the sudden stall you experienced, but can also mean the electrical system voltage is so low, the sensor doesn’t work properly. I would suggest an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.