Q: Applying brakes at stop lights and the vehicle slides.

If im sitting at a intersection and i have brakes applied in mud or snow and the vehicle is sliding side ways from a stopped and sitting position and have no gas pedal involved . What is the problem .. could u reply back to davisstephen485@gmail.com

Hello. If the brakes are staying applied and the wheels are locked but the vehicle begins to slide it is because of the slickness of the roadway. There is not going to be any way to prevent this unless you have better tires that can grip in this condition. Even at that the tires may not take care of it simply because the vehicle is fairly light. If the brakes are not actually holding then the issue may be with the brakes. If the brake drums and rotors are not properly cut when the brakes are done then this can happen. If you want to have your brakes checked out and repaired properly, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose what is wrong with your brakes] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

Hi there. When your vehicle is sitting still at a stop sign or light and the vehicle beings to slide on mud, then depending on the road typed and whether you are on a hill or not, the vehicle could be sliding for the tires don’t have enough tread or they are hard. If you are referring the vehicle sliding on a descend to stop, then the ABS system may not be functioning properly causing one or more tires to lock up. When it comes to ice, snow, mud, or large puddles of water, most vehicles will not stop and may slide. If you need further assistance with your vehicle sliding on mud or snow, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Applying brakes at stop lights and the vehicle slides.