Q: Overheating after accident

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car is overheating after an accident. My bumper was bent in and I think I need to have the radiator or cooling fan, or both, replaced. I am not sure.

Hello, If the vehicle is overheating it is best not to drive or run the vehicle to avoid any further damage to the engine. Being that the front end is damaged, it may not be possible to install a new radiator and or cooling fan due to the mounting points being out of alignment from a possible bent radiator support. You may need to take it to a body shop and get the front end repaired correctly so the vehicle works as designed.