Q: I bought camshaft position sensor off of eBay and car is cutting off a lot. Still has check engine light for camshaft position sensor

I bought camshaft position sensor off of eBay and car is cutting off a lot. Still has check engine light for camshaft position sensor. Do you think the part from eBay is bad?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. From my exper...

Hello, thanks for writing in. From my experience with eBay sensors, chances are that it is bad. This happens all of the time with these sensors. A bad crank position sensor can also cause this as well as a failing timing chain. I usually install a computer scan tool to be able to see which codes are coming up and which readings look like they are off. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.