Q: All brake on my vehicle are locking up while driving

asked by on October 24, 2016

As I drive and ABS, slip light and VDC light comes on and all of a sudden my four brakes for my g35 rear and front lock up and today I unplugged my power booster check valve line from the vacuum and the brake in the front were release and the rear was still locked but due to the fact my car was in park any suggestions???

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement $147.69 - $851.28 Get a Quote
Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are a few things that will cause this. Most of the time when this occurs it is due to petroleum contamination in the brake system. If something other than brake fluid was put into the master cylinder then that will cause the seals to swell in the system and cause this. If there is not petroleum in the system then most of the time this is due to a failing master cylinder. I usually check to see where the pressure is being held to isolate where it is coming from. If you want your dragging brakes to be inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.