Q: I can't get the cv axle out of my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox

I'm replacing the cv half shaft on my 2006 Chevy Equinox. I have everything apart that's necessary but for the last 6 hours I still can't seem to break the cv axle loose and away from the transmission. Please help me before I ruin anything. Mind you that my knowledge for automobiles is limited.

Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $201.91 - $1059.58 Get a Quote

The axle shaft is held in the transmission by a clip at the end of the shaft. With a quick blow the axle should come right out. There is a special adapter that is used with a slide hammer that is used to pull the axle out. You should get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to help you to [change your cv axle] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/axle-cv-shaft-assembly-replacement

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr