Q: There was snoke and sparks coming from my alternator

asked by on February 18, 2017

When i turn on the electricuty of my car, the elctricuty works (lights on dash, etc.) but when i try to actually start the car it wont start. I jumped it and smoke and what seemed like sparks were coming from the alternator area

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is possible that when you tried to jump start the car, the cables were reversed. This typically causes electrical faults within the cars electrical components like the alternator. It is also possible that there is an exposed wire that caused the sparks and smoke attached to the alternator. The first thing I would recommend is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a battery won’t hold a charge inspection.