Q: Map sensor

asked by on September 28, 2017

Can I use throttle body cleaner to clean map sensor and if so how

Hi Danny. This video is pretty good on showing how to clean a MAP sensor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

Will a 2006 v6 vin g motor fit into a 2008 Dodge Charger v6 vin "g" AWD 2006 Dodge Charger

Hello - yes, the basic engine is fundamentally the same: and has the same transmission bellhousing shape and pattern. You may need to do some swapping with oil pan and oil pickup, exhaust manifolds, intake, etc. in order to have...

Changed out the alternator and battery. Car will not start without a jump.

This may be a sign of a failing voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. Often times this will result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to...

My car won't start. All the lights work, there is just a single loud click when I try to start it. Is it the starter?

If the starter is accessible under the hood, grab a friend and a small hammer. While one of you tries to crank the engine, have the other lightly tap the starter at the same time. It is possible the starter...

New battery,belt and alt but voltage drops and squeals under load

Hello, It sounds like you may have a problem with the voltage regulator. As you know, when turning on an accessory like the A/C, this puts an additional load on the motor which results in the motor needing to create...

I put a new transmission the truck will not move until high RPM

It sounds like a defective torque converter or a bad transmission to me. Double check your fluid level after cycling the shift lever through the gears. Check your electrical connections and the adjustment of the range sensor. Check for codes....

Door locks issue on a '98 Dodge Caravan

The most common thing for that is the master switch on the driver's side would go bad and they short out and keep making them pop up and down. So a lot of times, just changing the master switch fixes...

No power under full throttle

The cause of loss of power is identified in YourMechanic's engine loss of power diagnostic. To give you an initial idea of the possible causes that would be considered, a partial list would include oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter,...

Fuse or bad battery?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The AC blower motor or relay may be bad and would need to be checked. The radio you may have a blown fuse or a problem with the radio itself. If you would like help,...

2013 Dodge dart ignition won't release key

This problem is reported for this model, by other consumers, in the NHTSA database. Some reported fixes have involved removing power from the battery as a "re-set". Also, sometimes an improperly adjusted shift cable is the cause. There is usually...