Q: Convertible top is stuck open - 2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320

I have a convertible top on my car, and it’s not working right. It’s OK when the top is back and retracted. But when I try to put the top up my quarter windows won’t come up. So I tried putting the top up a few times. Then when I finally got the quarter windows up the red light that's on the switch to open and close the top started to flash and alarm went off. I’m really stuck. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by the lift motor failing. The motor will lose its ability to lift the top, which will cause all of these symptoms. It can also be an electrical issue, but this is not as common. For a problem with the convertible top, your best bet may be to bring the car into the dealer to see if they can pinpoint and repair the problem.

3. Convertible top is stuck open - 2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320