Q: VDC and Slip Lights come on

The VDC and slip lights come on intermittently. The Check Engine Light is on. My car lost power briefly while driving on the freeway, and had trouble starting after stalling.

The VDC and Slip Light illumination could be an indication that you are getting low on brake fluid, due to worn brake pads. Low brake fluid could cause the throttle control to kick in when a sudden vehicle movement is made, causing the vehicle to lose speed. The Check Engine Light illumination and vehicle stall could be caused by the cam sensor, or the crank sensor; the engine would need to be scanned to see which code it has stored. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run a diagnostic on your Check Engine Light, and do a brake inspection for you.