Q: My Bmw is throwing a code for system to lean, to much oxygen and not enough gas.

My car is throwing a code for my system being to lean, to much oxygen and not enough fuel! It doesn't have power on start off and almost seems to bogg down! I know I have a vacuum leak and it seems to be coming from somewhere near the cold air intake, we have not been able to locate it, when you turn the car off it almost sounds like the motor coughs through the air intake! I have a after market K&N cold air intake on it, it was on the car when I bought it, and has been throwing this code since I bought it, the sensors have been cleaned and I've replaced the air intake hose from motor to the air filter! Should I try to find the org air intake system and take off K&N

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote
Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote

As the codes indicate, this means there is a lean fuel condition which may be caused by a lack of fuel supply or in some cases, a vacuum leak as you describe near the cold air intake. When a vacuum leak is present, this introduces an excessive amount of air into the fuel/air mixture which results in leaning out the fuel content. Other problems such as a faulty oxygen sensors, or a faulty mass air flow sensor may also cause this to happen. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.