Q: Lights don't work correctly

Hello. I need some advice on how to fix the lights in my car. After the units were damaged by water, I had the sockets and housing replaced. But, only one is working correctly. The other one works fine as a turn signal and a running light normally. But, when the headlights are on, it just turns off and it should be on. Also, when I unlock or lock the car, it wouldn't work. What could be causing this unit to not work correctly?

A: The first thing to check is the connector w...

The first thing to check is the connector where it was replaced. A mechanic would need to check to see if the connector is wired correctly and that it has the proper power and ground to power the headlight. You may just have a loose wire or a bad bulb. Also the wiring may have been damaged from the water exposure. I recommend having a technician come and diagnose your light issue and perform any necessary repairs to have this fixed.