I’m having issues wit my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee it died...

I’m having issues wit my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee it died on me on the highway so I changed the alternator n charged battery. Still no start it’s clicks as if the battery is dead n the code I keep getting is P1684 Mechanic's A...

I’m having issues wit my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee it died on me on the highway so I changed the alternator n charged battery. Still no start it’s clicks as if the battery is dead n the code I keep getting is P1684 Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before? I didn’t test the battery yet I I only charged it? Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far? N yea I have it’s pretty simple for the most part yea I am Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The dash lights get a lil dim whn I try to start it up

Automotive Expert
Good Aternoon What engine do you have ? is this a laredo or limited ?

Limited and 5.7L hemiI’m actually at work right now
Automotive Expert
I am not showing that code for this model ? is it possible you have a number typed wrong ? I would check the battery voltage with a voltmeter while you are cranking it . And see what you have first .

No the code I read is P1684 transmission code but it’s says battery module disconnected
Automotive Expert
Here is the starting circuit diagram
Automotive Expert
Sorry i was reading it wrong , i guess its my day to be dyslexic. Here is that code , it just means the battery was disconnected . Check all your connections and voltage when starting . Either the battery went bad or you have a bad connection .

Ok thanks u so muchAnother question how would Ik if my [fuel pump](/topics-fuel-pump-jeep/) is goin out
Automotive Expert
You would only be able to check it either by checking fuel pressure or if it wasn't working . It usually either works or doesn't . Some of the mechanics i know who drove dodges would just replace them every 100k so they didn't have problems out of them