Q: Check system light is on - 2006 Chevrolet HHR

The light for check system turned on and it says battery save mode on, they changed the alternator and battery, but the car still has the battery light on, it runs but after a while the stereo starts to have a glitch and then the steering wheel gets hard and then the car turns off

This is a known issue on the Chevy HHRs. As you may know, the power steering in your HHR is electric, which draws a significant amount of electric power to operate it. This power steering motor failure was the subject of a recall by General Motors. I would recommend taking your vehicle to the local Chevrolet dealer to have the power steering motor looked at and potentially replaced under the recall.

3. Check system light is on - 2006 Chevrolet HHR