Q: How come my vehicle doesnt start when I turn the key in the ignition? I tried to jump start it, but nothing worked

asked by on October 04, 2016

We hooked up my car battery to another car with the jumper cables. As he accelerated, i tried to turn the key and the car still wouldn't start

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This suggests you have a faulty connection or a power shortage somewhere in your electrical system if there is no power coming to your car from the other car. If there is power, but just a clicking sound this may be a faulty starter relay. I recommend having a certified professional from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue and follow through on the appropriate new repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr