Q: I deflooded my 04 RX8 and got it started. It sputtered and stalled, then was able to keep it running for about 5 min or so.

asked by on November 03, 2016

I deflooded my 04 rx8....got it started ....it sputterd and stalled....then was able to keep it running for bout 5 min or so.... as long as i keep it reved ....i only could keep it around 3000 rpm ...any less it would stall .... ..and ive done thst bout 5 or six times... but it keeps stalling/sputting ...any infi would be much appreciated..(HELP)

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Usually when the motor becomes flooded or has a hard time maintaining a solid idle, it’s caused by either a vacuum leak or a malfunctioning idle control valve. However, this issue may also be caused by bad electronic ignition or fuel control systems on your 2004 Mazda.

To streamline your repair options, it’s best for you to contact a local mechanic and have them pinpoint the exact source of your flooding problem and engine starting troubles, so they can recommend the right repairs that will get your Mazda back up and running.