Q: Hi! My name is Tim and I have a 2009 GMC Acadia. Here not Long ago in my vehicle started losing power while accelerating. Ended up

Hi! My name is Tim and I have a 2009 GMC Acadia. Here not Long ago in my vehicle started losing power while accelerating. Ended up having to have it towed to the dealership and have a diagnostic ran on it. Diagnostic revealed that the high-pressure fuel pump needed to be replaced. I ended up getting GMC genuine parts and replacing the fuel pump myself because I saved about $800 doing it myself, I am somewhat mechanically inclined, and the directions were quite simple to follow. But after replacing and putting everything back together the vehicle was still running very sluggish with no power when I mash the gas pedal. Had another diagnostic ran on it and it advised that I had multiple cylinder misfire's well that was the same thing that the first diagnostic revealed said that I needed to replace the high-pressure fuel pump. Could there be another issue, clogged fuel filter, clogged air sensor bad spark plugs. If you guys could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several other components, some that you have mentioned, that can cause a multiple cylinder misfire. With that being said, the fuel filter should ALWAYS be replaced when replacing the fuel pump. Start there in order to complete the repair properly. An old fuel filter will cause the new pump extra stress and inevitably premature failure. Also check the spark plugs and make sure they are clean and in good condition. Replace all of them if you one or two show excess wear. Clean the air filter, or replace it if it is dirty enough to warrant doing so. The spark plugs and the air filter are regular maintenance that should be done as needed anyway. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Hi! My name is Tim and I have a 2009 GMC Acadia. Here not Long ago in my vehicle started losing power while accelerating. Ended up