Q: Instrument cluster not working

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9l 4x4 and the instrument cluster gauges dont work and it doesnt light up only when I turn the headlights on the headlight indicator lights up on the cluster. All the fuses are good except the illumination fuse it has no power on either side but the fuse is good. Truck starts and runs but none of the gauges work

This may be related to a short, a faulty gauge cluster or a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges or lights in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Instrument cluster not working