Q: Cam shaft position sensor

I'm trying to replace the Camshaft sensor(not crankshaft) I bought two bc the dealership told me their are two sensors. Could you tell me where both are located in the engine? Generalized region? I believe I know where 1 is

A: Hi there. The camshaft position sensors are...

Hi there. The camshaft position sensors are located on the front of your engine on the top under the engine cover. I usually do a complete inspection before replacing these because there are a number of reasons as to why they will read incorrectly. Most of the time the camshaft codes come up from low oil or the wrong oil being used. It can also occur if the cam actuators are failing. If you want to have this camshaft sensors replaced professionally or if you want to have the vehicle checked out first before completing the repair yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to definitively diagnose the camshaft position sensors.