Plastic under car dragging bumpers 2002 l4-2.4l toyota camry

Q: Plastic under car dragging

asked by on February 17, 2016

The plastic cover under the front of my car is torn and dragging.

This is a very common problem with these vehicles. When you pull into a parking spot, the front air dam gets caught on the parking stop and when you go to pull out of the spot, it pulls the cover loose. Depending on how bad it is damaged, the cover can be reinstalled, or may have to be replaced. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and check your car for you, to see if they can fix or repair the damaged shield. If not, a new one can be ordered, and the bad one can be tied-up for the time being.