Q: squeaking when I turn

When I turn my wheel or go over any bumps , especially when it's cold, my truck squeaks. What could be wrong and is it too dangerous to drive long distance?

A: Worn ball joints are a common problem with ...

Worn ball joints are a common problem with this vehicle. When they wear and/or the grease dries up inside them, they make a squeaking sound when turning the wheel or over bumps. The front suspension should be checked out. If you need help with this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the squeak and assist with repair.