Q: My jeep won't stay running.

It will crank up for about 5 seconds then go dead . I have replaced the distributor cap ,rotary button , fuel regulator , and a temperature sensor on the thermostat housing . Could it be the crank shaft sensor ?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.38 - $777.03 Get a Quote

Most of the time, the hard to start issue you’re describing is caused either by the crankshaft position sensor or the electrical harness attached to this component. Since you’ve replaced most of the ignition system components, you might want to replace the crankshaft sensor and electrical harness and see if that clears things up. If this doesn’t help, it’s likely that a fuel system issue exists and should be diagnosed by a professional mechanic.