Q: My car won't start - 1994 Toyota Camry

Hi, I own a 1994 Camry and today when I tried to start my car, nothing happened. The engine won't make a noise, no crank, no nothing. All the dashboard lights still came on, and the headlights also work, so it's not a dead battery. I checked the engine fuel and it's still sufficient, what could be the problem and how can I fix it? Everything was working fine just last night. I need my car tomorrow too.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: First, check fuses for ignition and the eng...

First, check fuses for ignition and the engine management computer (ECU). Do you hear even the slightest "click" from the starter area?

If so, the starter solenoid has failed. Given the age of your Toyota, the ignition switch or starter solenoid are likely "failed" components. The contacts burn over time, and can fail without warning. If you would like to verify the cause of the starting issue or move forward with repairs, then a certified technician can come to your home or office to perform services.