Q: Truck overheats with new thermostat and waterpump

The truck started to overheat so I popped the hood and fan is barely moving, gave truck a little gas and fan started working properly. I would assume a bad fan clutch or one starting to go bad

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. By reading your ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. By reading your description of the overheating issues, I’d tend to agree that the radiator fan clutch may be the culprit of your overheating issues. However, one thing to check into is whether there might be air bubbles in your coolant tubes after replacing the water pump. Some early 2000’s and newer Dodge Ram’s require a priming of the coolant anytime coolant lines are removed. If not completed, it could cause overheating issues. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.