Q: The check engine light and vsa light are on.

asked by on November 29, 2016

there was some flooding a month back and I had to drive through it. The check engine light came on vsa light as well and I could not accelerate over 30 mph. I called Acura and they said give it a couple days and wait to see if it'll turn off. It did. Now I'm back to the same problem. The car drives fine. it could be just be me but i feel like the car is making a weird putter noise when in park. Very hard to tell though.

The vsa light means that the Vehicle Stability Control or Traction Control has been activated. If the engine light is on and the vsa light is on, then there could be an issue with the traction control system. Check all of the wheel speed sensors and make sure that the are plugged in and working. Usually if a wheel speed sensor fails, the vsa and abs light will both be on. Also, check the abs controller and make sure that its not active and not plunging as you drive the vehicle. Since the engine light is on, get a code scanner and check the computer to see what codes are stored so you will have a starting place for a diagnose procedure. If you need further assistance with your vsa light and check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.