I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander and topped off just alitt...

I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander and topped off just alittle red antifreeze today to my green antifreeze. I do not think that is ok... what should I do to fix that? Mechanic's Assistant: Has your Toyota been overheating? Ha...

I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander and topped off just alittle red antifreeze today to my green antifreeze. I do not think that is ok... what should I do to fix that? Mechanic's Assistant: Has your Toyota been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks? My antifreeze was just alittle low so I filled it up Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far? I just put antifreeze in my car Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Thats all

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I have over 22 years of experience in this field. I'm so sorry for your inconvenience and hopefully, I can help. Mixing of the two coolants is not good because it can weekend the corrosion inhibitors and produce a jelly like substance that is not good for the [engine](/topics-engine-toyota/). I would recommend taking in to a repair shop and flushing the system out with the correct coolant. If it was just added to the reservoir, you can just remove the reservoir, wash it good and place the proper coolant in it.

I did just add it to the reservoir, but I drove around for a minute… would it be ok if I took it and clean it out? Or should dump the reservoir anyways and then take it to a shop tomorrow?I just went and cleaned the reservoir and it looks like most of the new antifreeze stayed in the res.
Automotive Expert
It should have just stayed in the reservoir.

Would it be problem if a little got in? Should I take it to get it flushed tomorrow anyways?
Automotive Expert
A very small amount no problem at all.

I dont remember what brand was put into my car, I just know it was green. Can I get any green one that is 50/50 for my car?
Automotive Expert
Yes, Prestone is best.

Sounds good.. When I opened the [radiator](/topics-radiator-toyota/) cap I only saw a little pink at most... it appeared to still be all green in there though...
Automotive Expert
OK, good luck.

Thank you
Automotive Expert
Your welcome.