Driver door won't unlock or lock from the inside and out....

Q: Driver door won't unlock or lock from the inside and out. We are currently on the outside locked out

asked by on October 10, 2017

The drivers door will not unlock or lock from both inside and out. The drivers door is the only way into the car. And we are currently locked out from the outside and can't get in.

The problem sounds like the door latch or door lock is seized and will not let you open the door. You will need to get in through the passenger door and the inside door panel will need to be removed to gain acess to try and get inside latch to release. This may need to have drivers seat to be removed if panel cannot be removed without it. Try to hit the unlock button several time to see if it will release door lock. Otherwise it will require manual release from inside door.