Q: Both battery terminals get hot while engine is running on a zx3 dohc zetec 16 valve

asked by on October 01, 2016

Both battery cable terminal ends get hot. While driving my car, it just died. Pulled off the road and stopped. Placed transmission in park and turned key on to crank engine and no clicks from stater relay and no cranking from starter. Turned off ignition and tried 2-4 times and still no cranking or clicking from starter relay. Turned ignition off and waited 10-15 minutes. Tried it again and it started up like normal. Does this sound like bad battery cable or started relay problems? Thanks for helping.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. Based on your details, I feel that this could be from a bad cable end or connection to the battery or a shorted battery. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.