Q: Car overheating occasionally

asked by on February 12, 2016

My car overheats occasionally. I also see a large amount of water under the vehicle.

Hello. Check to see if there is a loss of coolant in the reservoir; this may be where the leak is coming from. Next, make sure that the cooling system is full, then have a qualified technician do a pressure test of the system to determine the source of the fluid leak. If the car overheats occasionally, more testing may be necessary to pinpoint the area of the leak, as it may be an internal engine issue if a head gasket or cylinder head is damaged. It is recommended that you do use a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to get to the bottom of your overheating issue.