Q: Exhaust manifold bright red when car is on

The exhaust manifold turns bright red when the car is turned on. Also, the engine is trembling and the Check Engine light is on.

A: Hi there. An exhaust manifold that reaches ...

Hi there. An exhaust manifold that reaches high temperatures is a sign of a blockage in your exhaust system. This blockage stops excess emissions to be burned off. The excess fuel and carbon will build up causing your manifold to heat up quicker than usual and hotter than usual. I would a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle's Check Engine Light to get some more insight on the issue. From there, they will be able to determine what repairs are needed and perform any fixes for your car.