Q: Occassional blinking wrench light and hard shift into second gear as well as occasional loss of forward motion with high rev.

Occasionally my van will show a blinking wrench light and will over rev before shifting or or will rev up but will lose forward motion but only when at high speed. At low speeds with no flashing light it will shift really hard into second gear but will shift normally into all other gears. Additionally when shifting into reverse it takes a few seconds before shifting and will shutter if I attempt to give it gas too quickly after shifting into reverse.

Hi Robert. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The wrench light is a warning or service light, that indicates that the vehicle is due to for a routine service check. With 150,000 miles, this is rather common and often indicates a transmission fluid service is due. The symptoms you are describing are also common with the transmission fluid being contaminated or debris being stuck in the hydraulic lines. However, the symptoms are also common with a torque converter that is wearing out or damaged. You should probably have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection, so they can download the stored codes and determine why the light is being illuminated and what repairs or service should be completed to resolve your issues.

3. Occassional blinking wrench light and hard shift into second gear as well as occasional loss of forward motion with high rev.