Q: Choose a carburetor for 454 Chevy engine

Hi i have 1985 suburban, i decided to change its engine so, i got 1993 BBC with code 10114182.( it is OEM and standard with 0 pistons) it was injection then i changed the intake manifold to use the carburetor system. i live out of the U.S and now i gonna order a new carburetor for this engine from online shopping but i don't know what kind and what CFM i should order for this engine, please let me know about suitable spark plugs and the MSD distributor for 454 chevy engine too. could you kind to me and give the models or links for 1-carburetor, 2-spark plugs, 3-MSD distributor thanks ahead

Hi there. For the carburetor swap out, you will need to have a least a CFM of 850 or 950 for a big block GM engine. If you are concerned about fuel consumption, then you could do a CFM of 750 to 800. This will make the engine run leaner but give you a better fuel mileage. Click here for the carburetor that is recommend for you.

Since you are planning on using an MSD ignition system, I recommend using a more power full spark plug than the original OEM specified spark plug. Click here for the type of spark plugs that will work with the MSD ignition system.

Ignition MSD is a more advanced ignition system and delivers more burning power to the cylinder by applying more spark at a given time. Click here to view the recommended MSD systems for your vehicle.

3. Choose a carburetor for 454 Chevy engine