Q: My car got hot and it stop starting but i let it sit in the location it stop working at thrn came back crank it up and it worked

I had drop my daughter off at the mall, ran a few errands then got back to the house then daughter asked me to pick her up. I wasn't home for more than than 5 mins so went to the car and drove to pick her up from the mall. Went to another store for 10 minutes, came out and got in the car and it wouldn't start, but it cranked. It just wouldn't start. So my car was at the store for a week until I went back to start my car it started straight up and I drove it home. Now it's in my driveway

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. These types o...

Hello, thanks for writing in. These types of issues can be frustrating and hard to diagnose. Most of the time though this will be caused by a fuel system problem. It can either be a failing inertia switch, a failing fuel pump, or a fuel relay issue. These are by far the most common causes of this on your engine. It can take some time and some testing to find this problem if it is not occurring while it is being tested. If you are planning on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, and make or suggest repairs for this.