Q: My car won't accelerate over 40 mph and check engine light is on

asked by on June 14, 2017

My car won't accelerate over 40 mph and the check engine light is on

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In many cases, when you have an issue with the car accelerating and the check engine light comes on, it’s caused by a mechanical problem with either a drive-system, fuel or ignition system component. The light is triggered when a sensor detects a fault somewhere in the car. It can be as minor as a fuel injector that is dirty ranging to larger, more expensive issues with the transmission. The best way to save money and ensure the right repairs are made to resolve this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr