Key stuck in ignition p2005 keys v8-4.6l deville cadillac...

Q: Key stuck in ignition

asked by on May 11, 2016

I have a ridiculous situation. My key won't come out of the ignition - it is totally stuck. It will turn, but won't come out. I literally have to unplug my battery after driving and then plug it back in to drive later. What can I do to get the key out and solve the problem so it doesn't stick any more?

The problem may not be in the ignition switch but in the transmission shift linkage. Try and push the shifter up into park and turn the key at the same time. There are technical bulletins for the shift linkage causing this issue. A certified mechanic can fix this issue with your key stuck in the ignition by checking the shift linkage and cable that keeps the key from being turned off while you are driving.