Q: How long will it take my air mass flow sensor to wk right i have a 96 buick lesabre

asked by on March 19, 2018

How long does it take a replaced air mass flow sensor to work right after being installed. I had a MAF sensor put on 2 weeks ago but it seems like its still tryna kick in how long is it supposed to take..

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Dorian. Thanks for contacting us today. The mass air flow sensor itself is an on or off type of component, meaning it either works or it won’t. It doesn’t take time for the sensor to ’break in’. The issue that can take time is if an error code is stuck in the ECU, has not been removed - yet the component is replaced. This will cause the ECU to receive false data from this component and continue to display symptoms. The other possible issue is that the electrical harness connected to the MAF is damaged. You should probably clear all OBD-II trouble codes or have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection for you for starters.