Q: Why doesn't car start after running out of gas girlfriend ran gas out of car now won't start plenty of gas in tank doesn't sound l

It now won't start with gas in it we have power to the pump but no ohm Reading on the pump itself when ignition is on it gives the wurr sounds like it's running but It doesn't seem like it's getting gas to the fuel rail or Spark is there a inertia switch or something that preventing it from starting how do I check that and for gas to the fuel rail line. No Schrader valve. checked fuses 28 32 all good. Not sure where relay is but it's sending 12 volts power to the pump for sure. Thank you

Fuel pumps rely on liquid gasoline for cooling. Consequently, it is recommended to keep the fuel tank at least 1/4 full to prevent the fuel pump from overheating. If the pump is run to the point of being dry, the seal on the impeller can overheat and get damaged. Even if the pump subsequently runs, as you report your does, it cannot develop enough suction to pick up fuel due to the seal damage. That is possibly what has happened in your case but it should be confirmed prior to replacing the fuel pump. In your circumstance the recommended service is fuel pump replacement but if you request that, the responding certified mechanic will do enough tests to confirm that there is no other possible explanation for the failure. There is a quick and direct way to determine if the problem is lack of fuel. Procure a can of "starter fluid" from any department store. Using the material cautiously (it is highly flammable; keep away from flames or sparks), introduce some of the fluid into the intake of the engine while you engage the starter motor. If the vehicle starts and runs briefly, then you know for sure the problem is fuel starvation of course almost undoubtedly caused by the pump failing. Fuel pump replacement can be accomplished in the field, right at your location, if you desire that service.

3. Why doesn't car start after running out of gas girlfriend ran gas out of car now won't start plenty of gas in tank doesn't sound l