Q: Gas tank door button isn't working

Is it a project to fix my gas tank door button? I have to open it through the trunk. My local mechanic could not fix or did not know how. Thanks

The fuel door has an electronic solenoid that opens the door and is also part of the latch. The solenoid is accessed through the trunk and have a green and black wire going to it. Check the green wire for power when the inside release switch is pushed. If you have power then the fuel door solenoid needs to be replaced. The solenoid is removed by opening the fuel door and removing the two bolts that hold the solenoid in place. If you are not getting power to the solenoid when release button is pushed then try to see if the trunk remote release works since it shares the same power supply as the fuel door release. If it works then the fuel door release switch needs removed and tested and replaced if it does not make contact. If you need assistance with this, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the electrical issue and make the necessary repairs. Best of luck.